This kind of essay may seem the easiest one since you know the subject – that is, yourself – pretty well. So just talk about it like you talk to a friend and that’s it. Unfortunately, it is not. Friends tend to know about us a lot, but they learn this information through time, gradually and bit by bit. You are not supposed to dump the key info about yourself on them all at once. Besides, when you talk to friends, it does not look any close to the most informal academic writing style.
And this is precisely what a personal essay is expected to do: to present you to an admission committee or other evaluating staff as an interesting and deserving person that has some life experience under the belt, and to do so in formal and academically proper way. Essays of this type tend to be very short, so you need to pick carefully what to put into it and how much info to provide. With our writing help you will gain an understanding of what to talk about and how to talk about it to create an impressive but concise piece. Stay tuned in and learn the basics of planning and polishing the self-presentation paper.
1. Write a Short Introduction
The paper about yourself follows the same pattern as any other formal paper – it has an introduction, a body and a conclusion (even if the very short one). So begin with an intro. It is the first thing people will read, so it needs to catch attention and make them read further. This section also defines what the whole paper will be about, it sets a topic and mood (if possible). So before you set to writing you need to pick a subject, a moment or event in life that impacted you, or the stretch of time that made you the person you are.
It is very easy to advise a student to make intriguing and unusual beginning, but it is hard to define what a usual one is.
Basically, just do not start the paper with a blunt ‘My name is so and so, I am XX years old’. Instead, go for an immediate definition of what you want to say. For example: ‘My name is Jason Greeks and my whole life is defined by the ocean and sailing or surfing. I have spent each and every of 20 years of my life in or near water, and there were moments when this restless salty fluid taught me lessons about laws of life’.
It is more fun than boring listing of name, age, place of living and so on. But this beginning is formal enough not to make the board smirk disapprovingly and discard your essay altogether.
If you are unsure if the topic you want to write about is appropriate for a personal paper, and so you are unsure about how to begin (not to say finish), let our professional writing company do it for you.We know all ins and outs of this type of paper and will build it in a way that will be successful even with the most critical readers and admission staff.
2. Describe Your Experience that Describes You
Now that you know what to write about, you need to consider how to write about it. First, keep in mind the word count and total length of your paper. Usually it is supposed to be short, so mention only the most important points of events or situations. Write about a situation that ended so that you could make a convincing conclusion. If the story is still in the development, how do you know how it will impact you? Or at least describe it up to some crucial point that changed the course of events.
Now there is a reservation in regard to sensitive or contradictory topics. You may feel that some political event or your delicate personal experience were central to shaping of your personality. But such topics are triggers to other people’s biases, worries, objections; they challenge others and start conflicts. So if you want your personal paper to be well accepted and liked at college or university, you better avoid such topics. Go for something safer. If you are in doubt, ask your parents. Their reasoning may seem boring and too cautious to you, but they know better in this case.
To find safer topics with a better chance of approval, consider the next ones. Think of a story from your life that showcases your good traits, these example topics should help you:
- My first days at school
- How I headed through my college years
- My first job and first experience
- What I see in the mirror every day
- My family reunion
- How my surroundings influenced my interests?
- The art of telling truth
- Learning English (a good topic for foreign students)
- The impact of my family and friends on my life
Get Your Personal Essay Now!
if everything mentioned sounds too overwhelming and difficult, do not get distressed. You can always rely on our essay writing service that will deliver any type of personal essay as well as any other kind of academic paper you may need. No matter how complex your learning program is, or how rigorous your school tutors are, we are sure we can help you efficiently and within the set deadline.
Our every customer is entitled to high quality service and when he or she does pay for the paper, this paper is already in his or her account, fully approved. Our writers have gone through careful training, they learn details of proper format and academic style, and they get an understanding of how plagiarism can ruin everything – and so how to avoid it.
When you order from us, you get many a benefit you won’t find anywhere else:
- Exceptional quality of writing;
- Reasonable prices per page;
- Complete discreetness;
- Security of your data;
- Qualified team of writers;
- Fast and smooth support;
- Overall guarantee of getting your finds back if something go wrong (although this is unlikely).
We cherish our every client and deal with each order individually, with close attention to details. This is why we can guarantee the best papers you can get on the web.
3. Determine the End of Your Story
You write this paper for some purpose, and this purpose is to show what you learned from the given case. So draw some moral lesson, no matter how minute, and explain it clearly. For sure, your life path only begins and you will face more challenges. But the people reading this paper want to see that you can draw conclusions from what happens to you and process it properly. So show that you can do it. Let it be only a sentence or two, but think carefully how you will express your conclusion and evaluate it. Try to be positive, even if you describe some sad event, and show that you can move on and be successful no matter what.
Few Tips that Helps You Write Your Essay
And now our final gift to you: several tips on how to start and finish essay writing successfully and without much fuss (if you want to try and do it yourself first, keeping the writing service assistance as a last resort).
- Keep track of time you have. Mind that you will need some time to think everything through, to draft and to do revision if necessary. Reserve some time to put the paper aside and let it ‘rest’ before you try to improve it.
- Support from your family will be valuable. First, ask your family to read your paper. Next, feel free to use uplifting stories from your family to build your narrative. If you have something really cool to share (remember the avoidance of sensitive topics), go and share it. People love to see stories that highlight kindness, persistence, wisdom and other good qualities that dwell in families.
- It is fine if you cannot say anything exceptional about your family members. They love you and care about you, and it is quite enough. Then find a person outside your family to talk about. Research the resource that can help in almost any situation – the Internet. Search:
- Personal blogs;
- Celebrity blogs;
- Historical blogs (MLK or Lincoln always go down well);
- Magazines (news about ordinary people who became great heroes are also useful);
- Books that are discussed on the web (you can get the gist without having to read the whole book).
- In writing process avoid unnecessary complexity. Use simple words and relatively simple sentences, especially if you leave high school and aim to get into college. You will make no or few mistakes and your piece will be highly readable.
- Remember about cool introduction. If you come up with top level beginning, you may relax a little in the rest of the paper. The introduction will keep readers entertained and amused, and so they will look more benevolently on what comes next.
- No matter how expert a writer you are, double-check your writing. Check spelling, grammar and style carefully. You do not want some silly mistake to ruin the whole job.
Use these tips or trust your writing to professionals as us!Read More